|SENIOR APPAREL DESIGNER – EMERICA |
|Location: Lake Forest|
|Experience: 4 years|
|Rate: N/A (Full-Time)|
Skateboarding is not a crime, and neither is wanting a job that supports the core. Some potential employers might not understand (or care) that you would trade your right arm to see your favorite pro skaters up close and personal at the Maloof Money Cup, but here at Sole Technology, we understand completely. We’ve got a position in our Apparel department for a Senior Apparel Designer working on the Emerica brand. Those of you who think its all fun and games beware: your main responsibility will be creating innovative designs for Emerica’s apparel products. If you are a creative and experienced apparel designer, immersed in core skateboarding, and a team player, then this is a great opportunity for you. Read on to find out more.
As Senior Apparel Designer - Emerica you will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
Design innovative and compelling apparel. Create apparel concepts /products that entice our primary consumer to purchase Emerica. On a seasonal basis develop relevant products that speak to the brand stories that Emerica will tell in the market. Balance Emerica’s defined design language with new looks that inspire our consumers and move the brand to new places. Collaborate with Design, Development and SMU Management to focus product designs for market success. Actively seek expert input to develop appropriate designs with regard to cost/value, fit & performance, manufacturability, sustainability, merchandising and aesthetic finish.
• Design specific categories while providing leadership and direction on all categories.
• Responsible for providing labels, trims, and embellishments direction on all designs and for all categories.
• Responsible for providing direction for fabrics and finishes on all designs for all categories.
• Responsible for creating and finalizing Seasonal Direction and Color Palette briefs with Apparel Director.
• Maintaining high/focused level on design, setting high standard (leading by example) and motivating less experienced designers.
• Encourage, welcome, value different point of view on design.
• Delegate/teach less experienced designers new categories (if applicable).
• Develop sew by sample with sample room (if applicable) Oversee and review samples for all categories.
• Complete full technical packages for assigned designs. Oversee and review tech packs for all categories.
• Responsible for pre-production and production approval of fabrics, colors, findings, and trim. Oversee approvals for all categories.
• Implement cost savings procedures and exhibits expense control on all categories.
• Work with developers to perform Design and fit comments and maintain established fit consistencies. Oversee approvals for all categories.
• Approval of trims, fabric and color lab dips for S/Samples on specific categories. Oversee approvals for all categories.
• Appreciate our core consumer and the activities they participate in. Balance time by reading vertical and mainstream publications,
• visiting web sites, and understanding what motivates our core consumer. Spend time in the market exploring relevant places that
• our core consumer visits and spends time. Understand our competition, their brand message and their product lines. Expand the
• already held, knowledge of this category’s true target market. Must demonstrate the distinctions between retailer and end
• Monthly research and presentation from core through mainstream accounts.
• Lead creation of fabric and trim stories based on market research.
• Lead process of selecting seasonal design trends, concepts and colors based on market research.
The successful Senior Apparel Designer - Emerica candidate will have the following Skills and Experience:
• 4+ years experience in apparel design minimum.
• 4+years experience in coordinating designs, theme styling, fabrics and trend directions.
• Good communications skills
• Working Knowledge of all Microsoft Excel.
• Working Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and line art illustration
• Working Knowledge of Entourage and email capability
• Work an eight (8) hour shift, if required
• Type or work at a keyboard or video display terminal for an eight (8) hour shift
• Sit, stand, bend or stoop throughout the day
• Lift up to thirty (30) pounds periodically during your shift
• Follows instructions, policies and procedures
• Communicates effectively through verbal and written transactions
• Balances team and individual responsibilities
• Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively
• Adapts to changes in work environment
Sole Technology Inc. is an amazing, positive, and exciting place to work. Our mission is to inspire youth through a passionate commitment to authentic action sports brands. We offer a complete benefit package, paid time off, discounts on Sole Technology brands, and fun events throughout the year. All this in addition to a casual work environment and the knowledge that you work for the best company out there! If you’ve got the background qualifications we’re looking for and the attitude to succeed with our organization, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume and salary history to one of the following:
FAX: (949) 900-2771
Make sure to CUT AND PASTE “Senior Apparel Designer – Emerica” into the subject line when emailing your resume, or in the text of your cover letter if faxing, to insure that it gets to the right place. Resumes without a salary history will not be considered.
*Due the volume of resumes that we receive, only applicants who have the skills that match the requirements of an available position may be contacted for an interview.