Designer, Apparel - Golf
June 5, 2009
Become a member of the U.S. Apparel Team at PUMA North America’s Boston office. The position reports directly to the Group Head of International Apparel.
• Directly responsible for driving the creative design and execution of the men’s and women’s PUMA Golf apparel product lines (Golf Performance and SportLifeystyle).
• Work in tandem with Brand Creative Director to incorporate global seasonal direction and initiatives into PUMA Golf ranges.
• Partner with graphic design team in establishing seasonal concept and graphic direction.
• Partner with Group Head in creation of seasonal creative direction, trend, and color presentation.
• Team with World Cat sourcing offices and developers in research of fabrications techniques and applications. Develop thorough understanding of the capabilities, flexibility and limitations of source base.
• Coordinate with garment developers and technical designers to assure fit and styling.
• Create and execute Golf apparel ranges that are brand, channel and account appropriate and meet the needed cost and margin requirements.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of detail sheets, CADS, and tech packages based on design time and action calendar.
• 3 -5 years sportswear apparel design experience; direct experience with golf categories preferred.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred with a design concentration.
• Advanced skill level in Illustrator.
• Strong graphic driven design sensibility.
• Skilled at utilizing product data-base development tool (PRM/PDM).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good group presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects at various stages at the same time.
• Knowledge of apparel market, color and trends.
• Understanding of sports performance apparel design preferred.
• Sportswear collection experience required.
• Ability to effectively use Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office applications.
• Requires 10% domestic and international travel.
Do you think you could be a perfect match for this role?
Submit your resume today by clicking here.